This month, meet Booknista!
First a big thank you to Emily at emilyreadseverything.com for organizing this guest of the month blog project. I’m sending you a virtual hug right now. You rock!! So nice to meet you…the fabulous readers of Pamela Nicole’s blog.
This month’s topic is, what do I do when I’m not blogging. Good question. I go by Book Babe on my blog, Booknista.com. I’m going to be a bit vague on the details of my life, as I have a somewhat professional gig outside of my real passion for all things books and pop culture.
Here are a few things I can tell you…
I work in marketing, creative and brand strategy. I’ve met lots of famous people, from athletes and musicians to actors and other TV personalities. My day job is entertainment marketing. You may have seen some of the things I’ve created on TV before. Depending on what you watch. Or maybe even flipped or clicked past a print or digital advertisement that I’ve worked on. I create advertising campaigns, grow audiences for websites and TV networks, and I truly love my job! I started Booknista because of my first true love…reading. Nothing gets me more excited than an amazing book. There is no better escape! Reading is an addiction for me. My TBR pile is HUGE. I’m a book hoarder. #TrueStory.
My other hobbies include…
- Yoga. I love yoga. I do hot yoga a few times a week and have been on a couple of yoga retreats.
- I volunteer. I mentor people and small businesses who want help with marketing.
- I listen to a ton of music. I like indie rock the most. The Lumineers, Vance Joy, The Head and the Heart, Death Cab for Cutie, Fleet Foxes, Of Monsters and Men, Train, George Ezra, Hozier, Edward Sharpe, Florence and the Machine, Lana Del Rey, Imagine Dragons, One Republic, and so many more…
- Along with books, I have a serious addiction to Twitter. It’s insane how much I check it every day. Follow me @TheBooknista. My hashtag game is strong. I also love Instagram.
- Travel is another passion of mine. I get lost planning my next trip or dreaming of where I want to go next. I think that’s probably a common thing with people who love to read. We’re into different worlds, cultures, new experiences, and travel is the IRL version of reading.
- I am happily married. I have an amazing child and a dog named Sparky.
Come visit me sometime!